Desolate Carnage

Gettin It Done
Views: 4163 | Replies: 4 | Started 15 years, 4 months ago
#411184 | Mon - Dec 8 2008 - 14:43:22
Group: Members
Chins you already know my situation and my fitness history. I've put the power lifting on the backburner and I want to use the winter months for trimming up instead of bulking like I have for the past xx years.

I got myself a rowing machine (www.waterrower.com)

My entire life has always been about bulking up and I never had any reason to want to cut weight cuz the metabolism was always so high. However, as time passes and I find myself with a much more sedentary lifestyle I gotta work harder to keep the bad weight off.

I admit complete ignorance for cardio but was wondering what an ideal goal is for max weight loss with utilizing an activity like rowing. For example, is it better to row for 30-40 minutes at moderate intensity or 12 minutes of gut wrenching ready to puke intensity. Or a split of each with warm up? Also, how many days a week should I be shooting for to allow for recovery? Yea I'm serious the rower busts me the fuck up and I'm sore as hell after using it.

I'm looking to lose as much weight between now and march/april before I pick back up with my 5x5 program.
#411193 | Mon - Dec 8 2008 - 14:59:26
Hm, before I tell you about what kind of cardio to do, look into some things for me.
Carb cycleing
keto diet http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Keto
Velocity Diet
Also, read into morning cardio and why you need to do it. Some levels are empty, so you'll hit fat faster.
Look into HIIT (I think pie has tried this)

Look at this.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=99420

After you do all or some of that, lmk and I'll help you futher with what questions you have.
Good luck and stay safe.
Also, on a side note, my girlfriend likes to afk gym with me.
Funny I remember you and the beast working out one time, and she was bitching. My g/f does it a little, proabley cause she's new still at going with me. I'l keep you updated.
#411206 | Mon - Dec 8 2008 - 15:43:54
Yea, the beast hit her plateaus much quicker than I did with weight increases and she was looking for excuses and complaints for any reason not to lift with me. So I pressed on by myself and currently have a person with similar lifting interest on standby for when I get back into it in march.

Speaking of which... You know any brands that make a good power rack at an affordable price?
#411259 | Mon - Dec 8 2008 - 18:59:37
Nope sorry, only know I know is the ones we have at my gym, the black and white ones, I forget what they're called. Brand wise, but we don't have a power rack and it pisses me off to no end.
#412282 | Tue - Dec 9 2008 - 11:45:26
Quote (xstakemx @ Dec 8 2008 - 15:43:54)
Yea, the beast hit her plateaus much quicker than I did with weight increases and she was looking for excuses and complaints for any reason not to lift with me. So I pressed on by myself and currently have a person with similar lifting interest on standby for when I get back into it in march.

Speaking of which... You know any brands that make a good power rack at an affordable price?

http://elitefts.com/

:donno: about prices, but top notch quality.
Views: 4163 | Replies: 4 | Fitness Topic List

Quit the Internet