Desolate Carnage

Need To Drop Some Pounds
Views: 2989 | Replies: 26 | Started 14 years, 5 months ago
#614649 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 11:01:29
Group: Members
serious topic here dont shit it up

Whats the best route for someone with absolutely no free time hardly to lose around 20 lbs.

Gym is out of the question b/c any free time I have not working or with the fam is usually very late at night.
Running is out too as it will be fuckin cold pretty soon.

basically I just need to drop a gut and the man boobs I am growing. Although they are nice and supple and feel good to squeeze on, they look kinda shitty under a tie. plus my face is starting to get a little round...

Would dieting and a normal excersise (situps/pushups etc) work?

I dont care about bulk and lifting I just want to trim down some like around 185 or so.

ps im 6'2 210 right now, all my extra weight is in between my neck and waist.
#614674 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 11:16:58
i dont believe usual diet and some home exercise would help
if you say you dont have any free time to spend on serious work out, then there is really only one viable option to get rid of 20 pounds: starve
seriously
how much do you eat right now? 2600-3000 Kcal? or more?
go below or close to 2k and you'll see results quite soon
but biggest problem in this method: you'll gain everything back as soon as you'll get tired of this starvation, so i guess i have bad news for you: without serious exercise or radical change of your eating habits it will be impossible to lose any weight permanently
#614679 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 11:23:12
Quote (Vogan @ Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 12:16:58)
if you say you dont have any free time to spend on serious work out, then there is really only one viable option to get rid of 20 pounds: starve
seriously
but biggest problem in this method: you'll gain everything back as soon as you'll get tired of this starvation, so i guess i have bad news for you: without serious exercise or radical change of your eating habits it will be impossible to lose any weight permanently

you sir know how to burst a bubble

but yea I eat whatever/whenever i want. I am travelling alot so eat fast food like 5+ times a week, eat late at night, dont eat breakfast, love the greasy foods etc etc
#614683 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 11:26:14
Quote (deadhXc @ Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 17:23:12)
seriously

but yea I eat whatever/whenever i want. I am travelling alot so eat fast food like 5+ times a week, eat late at night, dont eat breakfast, love the greasy foods etc etc

LOL man you answering your own question
change your eating habits and you'll be ok
#614686 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 11:28:39
Quote (Vogan @ Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 12:26:14)
Quote (deadhXc @ Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 17:23:12)
seriously

LOL man you answering your own question
change your eating habits and you'll be ok

mmk so suggestion on foods then with out turning into a rabbit and eating nothing but salads?

I have no clue how to eat healthy I always just eat what tastes good and looks good. Remember I eat out ALOT so need lunch/dinner suggestions for eating out, sit down places and drive thrus
#614711 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 11:52:37
i believe that you can eat what you want the only thing that you should be careful with are calories
for your hight 2000-2200 kcal would be enough
does not matter what you eat as long as you dont cross that limit
you will realize soon that junk food have very high calories and no nutrition value
also by default, it would be wise to cut down and eventually eliminate sugar from your food
drink also more water instead of sodas, beer or coffee
eating schedule is important too, keep it to same times +/- 2 hours
and never miss a breakfast
#614716 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 12:05:28
If your driving around alot and could eat out, why not as gay as it sounds pack your own lunches/snacks and bring a cooler in the car with them?

I used to eat really shitty, and am on week 3 of a diet and its been hard but not bad now that im used to it...although me living alone with nobody else in the house makes it much easier to diet when you control everything thats brought into the house.
#614722 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 12:10:09
Quote (smoked @ Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 13:05:28)
If your driving around alot and could eat out, why not as gay as it sounds pack your own lunches/snacks and bring a cooler in the car with them?

I used to eat really shitty, and am on week 3 of a diet and its been hard but not bad now that im used to it...although me living alone with nobody else in the house makes it much easier to diet when you control everything thats brought into the house.

I could do (and have done) the sack lunch thing but, now 9/10 times I am eating I am taking someone else out for lunch. What is really gonna be hard is to not eat as much of the wifes cooking. She doesnt cook very healthy but goddamn is it good.
#614728 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 12:12:41
Quote (deadhXc @ Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 13:10:09)
Quote (smoked @ Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 13:05:28)

I could do (and have done) the sack lunch thing but, now 9/10 times I am eating I am taking someone else out for lunch. What is really gonna be hard is to not eat as much of the wifes cooking. She doesnt cook very healthy but goddamn is it good.

I hear you, its gonna be hard to diet this weekend since im going home for a wedding, but I figure one day of bad food wont cancel out 3 weeks of eating as healthy as I can

I say do pushups/situps and see where it gets you though, it cant hurt at all really
#614738 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 12:16:24
also i really am picking a shitty time of year to start this...

I am going to be pissed if i lose like 10 lbs and gain it all back thanksgiving weekend

I just need to figure out a nice schedule I can stick to.

eating and normal excersises. we have a treadmill so I guess I could put it to use.
#614774 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 13:14:05
Group: Guest
pro tip:

dont be a pig @ thanksgiving, just stick with the routine.
#614982 | Tue - Oct 6 2009 - 20:36:31
so whats good grub to get at restaurants that wont limit me to salads and a subway sandwich diet?

dont make me go research this
#615037 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 00:25:01
Warn: 20% [ warn bar ]
If you're trying to lose weight, I wouldnt suggest eating at restaurants. (Read somewhere you eat out 9/10 days for work, if this is the case, always ask the waiter ' Got any healthy choices?' They always know these sort of things and will give you many options to choose from

If you can't go out for a run cause bad weather and cant go to the gym, why don't you buy a 100$ bike and bike on it on all your ''free'' free time, as it will help dramatically. Eating healthy is only half of the way to lose weight, exercising is the other half. Sit-ups will help, as they will work your abdomonal, I suggest twisting aswell when doing them to work your Obliques too. Push-ups barely help you lose weight (same with sit-ups, but sit-ups work your lower torsal muscles and I am assuming you want this aswell as losing the 20 lbs), but push ups work your chest and biceps, you will barely lose any weight doing them, but if you have the time, I suggest doing them, as it is another workout that is only beneficial to you. Walk up stairs instead of the elevator, don't drive to the corner store, walk instead. Little things like that will help in the long run.
#615064 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 03:38:37
Since your job is taking you out for lots of lunch dates, consider a few things:
1) No liquid calories (IE - shit with sugar - soda, lemonade, beer, cocktails)
1b) Protein Shakes are okay
2) Fried = Grease = Fat calories = Unhealthy, for bitch tits and your arteries
2a) Grilled, Broiled = Chicken & fish, don't like fish then learn to like it.
3) "NO CARBS" is bullshit, eat the right carbs - rice, pasta, they have long carbohydrate (sugar) chains that take the body a long time to break down, providing fuel (energy)
4) Have a cheat meal once a week, go nuts, have some pizza, eat some fried chicken, reward yourself for hard work and staying committed
5) Eating "healthy" is more expensive than not caring and letting your bitch tits develop, I would know, my set has me embarrassed about myself to the point that I've avoided looking for employment, hitting on girls, and not showing up to certain events because of how pathetic they are.

Check out these, I did 3 of these after my work out on Monday and wanted to die (mainly because I'm out of shape and it was at the end of the work out, but they aren't a joke):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGljX4bbps

On a side note, let's say a beer has shot or beer has a rough average of 120 calories. I used to consume 15-20 of these, 3-5 times a week, minimum. That's anywhere from 5,400 - 12,000 calories alone in booze, that's 3-6 days of eating, just in liquid. This is huge... think about it.
#615097 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 09:16:36
Quote (xVanished @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 01:25:01)
If you're trying to lose weight, I wouldnt suggest eating at restaurants. (Read somewhere you eat out 9/10 days for work, if this is the case, always ask the waiter ' Got any healthy choices?' They always know these sort of things and will give you many options to choose from

If you can't go out for a run cause bad weather and cant go to the gym, why don't you buy a 100$ bike and bike on it on all your ''free'' free time, as it will help dramatically. Eating healthy is only half of the way to lose weight, exercising is the other half. Sit-ups will help, as they will work your abdomonal, I suggest twisting aswell when doing them to work your Obliques too. Push-ups barely help you lose weight (same with sit-ups, but sit-ups work your lower torsal muscles and I am assuming you want this aswell as losing the 20 lbs), but push ups work your chest and biceps, you will barely lose any weight doing them, but if you have the time, I suggest doing them, as it is another workout that is only beneficial to you. Walk up stairs instead of the elevator, don't drive to the corner store, walk instead. Little things like that will help in the long run.

I have a nice mtn bike I will put to good use again when my schedule allows, which probably wont be until the weather breaks again next spring.
Would doing sets of lunges/situps/pushups etc before breakfast like 3-4 times be good enough?
#615100 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 09:20:18
Quote (MoS. @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 04:38:37)
Since your job is taking you out for lots of lunch dates, consider a few things:
1) No liquid calories (IE - shit with sugar - soda, lemonade, beer, cocktails) I am gonna dump all cokes and sweet tea, but can not get rid of my coffee in the morning
2) Fried = Grease = Fat calories = Unhealthy, for bitch tits and your arteries I can cut these out pretty easy
2a) Grilled, Broiled = Chicken & fish, don't like fish then learn to like it. love me some fish/shellfish so no prob here
3) "NO CARBS" is bullshit, eat the right carbs - rice, pasta, they have long carbohydrate (sugar) chains that take the body a long time to break down, providing fuel (energy)so eating rice is good?
4) Have a cheat meal once a week, go nuts, have some pizza, eat some fried chicken, reward yourself for hard work and staying committed can do!!!
5) Eating "healthy" is more expensive than not caring and letting your bitch tits develop, I would know, my set has me embarrassed about myself to the point that I've avoided looking for employment, hitting on girls, and not showing up to certain events because of how pathetic they are. yea bitch tits suck ass, I feel your pain dude

Check out these, I did 3 of these after my work out on Monday and wanted to die (mainly because I'm out of shape and it was at the end of the work out, but they aren't a joke): will check it out when i get home

On a side note, let's say a beer has shot or beer has a rough average of 120 calories. I used to consume 15-20 of these, 3-5 times a week, minimum. That's anywhere from 5,400 - 12,000 calories alone in booze, that's 3-6 days of eating, just in liquid. This is huge... think about it. I have cut my beer intake down to maybe 6-10 on a normal week, give or take depending on how much I eat out and who I am eating with

#615123 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 09:39:00
Quote (deadhXc @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 10:20:18)
Quote (MoS. @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 04:38:37)
1) No liquid calories (IE - shit with sugar - soda, lemonade, beer, cocktails) I am gonna dump all cokes and sweet tea, but can not get rid of my coffee in the morning
2) Fried = Grease = Fat calories = Unhealthy, for bitch tits and your arteries I can cut these out pretty easy
2a) Grilled, Broiled = Chicken & fish, don't like fish then learn to like it. love me some fish/shellfish so no prob here
3) "NO CARBS" is bullshit, eat the right carbs - rice, pasta, they have long carbohydrate (sugar) chains that take the body a long time to break down, providing fuel (energy)so eating rice is good?
4) Have a cheat meal once a week, go nuts, have some pizza, eat some fried chicken, reward yourself for hard work and staying committed can do!!!
5) Eating "healthy" is more expensive than not caring and letting your bitch tits develop, I would know, my set has me embarrassed about myself to the point that I've avoided looking for employment, hitting on girls, and not showing up to certain events because of how pathetic they are. yea bitch tits suck ass, I feel your pain dude

Check out these, I did 3 of these after my work out on Monday and wanted to die (mainly because I'm out of shape and it was at the end of the work out, but they aren't a joke): will check it out when i get home

On a side note, let's say a beer has shot or beer has a rough average of 120 calories. I used to consume 15-20 of these, 3-5 times a week, minimum. That's anywhere from 5,400 - 12,000 calories alone in booze, that's 3-6 days of eating, just in liquid. This is huge... think about it. I have cut my beer intake down to maybe 6-10 on a normal week, give or take depending on how much I eat out and who I am eating with

Brown rice NOT WHITE ENRICHED is good for you
#615134 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 09:51:07
no fried rice (which is the bomb) I am guessing?
#615143 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 09:57:08
Quote (deadhXc @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 10:51:07)

nope, def not
#615151 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 10:03:44
If you want to drop weight you need to figure out how many calories your body needs and eat around 500 less a day.30-45 minutes of low intensity cardio a day would also help if you can find the time.Oh and of course cutting alcohol with help so much.Real life example: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,180265
#615186 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 12:13:33
Quote (deadhXc @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 09:51:07)

You can make your own version of "fried rice".

I just make organic brown rice, sautee some vegetables and chicken (or whatever meat really) and put it all together in a big tub mixed up, makes for easy meals.
#615256 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 16:04:12
Quote (MoS. @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 13:13:33)

I just make organic brown rice, sautee some vegetables and chicken (or whatever meat really) and put it all together in a big tub mixed up, makes for easy meals.

wonder if I made fried brown rice with olive oil or peanut oil instead of butter or veg oil?
#615334 | Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 21:22:49
Quote (deadhXc @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 16:04:12)

wonder if I made fried brown rice with olive oil or peanut oil instead of butter or veg oil?

You have to be careful with that because those oils are still fats however they are considered healthy fats which are good for you.You do need a certain amount of fat a day.
#615400 | Thu - Oct 8 2009 - 03:48:08
Quote (Du$tin @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 21:22:49)

You have to be careful with that because those oils are still fats however they are considered healthy fats which are good for you.You do need a certain amount of fat a day.

Boiling them in water is a better idea.
#619122 | Fri - Oct 16 2009 - 19:17:20
1. Diet
2. Diet
3. Diet
Rest is just extra.
No empty calories..beer etc.

If you can't kill it, pick it or grow it, don't eat it.
You should take up cardio though..it'll help weight loss and general health..IE you'll live longer = more time /w the family.
30 mins 4x a week is not hard m8.
#619123 | Fri - Oct 16 2009 - 19:17:53
Quote (Du$tin @ Wed - Oct 7 2009 - 21:22:49)

What's wrong /w fats?
#619317 | Sat - Oct 17 2009 - 12:53:27
Warn: 10% [ warn bar ]
water veggies juice + cardio.
Views: 2989 | Replies: 26 | Fitness Topic List

Quit the Internet