Desolate Carnage

Only Friends? Nty, ...if in the least bit possible.
Archived | Views: 2255 | Replies: 10 | Started 14 years, 3 months ago

#664732 | Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 19:32:04
Group: Guest
So, I'll start with I'm a college athlete, and she's a college athlete too. We both run the same sport, track. I Love to talk to her \about running, we have the same major, we have similar interests... She has started to invite me into her life more than she has previously; But I'm a pretty inexperienced guy (except with managing negative emotions over all of my failed relationship attempts), she's sort of hard to get and marginally intimidating, and we're both currently friends.

This is someone who is extremely attractive, a very special competitor (which is a turn on), a hardworker, doesn't drink or smoke shit, believes in good luck and dreams.... etc. I've known her for nearly 2 years and have had a pretty tireless crush on her for around 8-9 months. Whenever I waver from her, I end up going back because frankly I want her.

Saying to myself that we'll only ever "be friends" is the hardest thing I can think of doing. While I'm currently able to cope with the fact that we're only friends, I see potential for something really beautiful and complete. If there is any possible way for me to turn my friendship with this wild animal of a girl into something more special and make her my very own, that's where I want to head. I'm not an especially cynical person, so I'm willing to try nearly anything. I don't look down upon my current status with her. Preferably I would never care to lose her as a buddy, but this is a pretty typical situation everyone has been in before at some point.

I just need some real advice. Something that's not going to let me down, and some words that will encourage me to keep on going with whatever my relationship with her can bring.

#664733 | Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 19:36:39
Group: Members
Help him MoX (!)

#664736 | Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 19:43:12
you registered on dc.net for love advice?

#664737 | Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 19:47:39
Quote (starstring @ Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 20:32:04)
So, I'll start with I'm a college athlete, and she's a college athlete too. We both run the same sport, track. I Love to talk to her \about running, we have the same major, we have similar interests... She has started to invite me into her life more than she has previously; But I'm a pretty inexperienced guy (except with managing negative emotions over all of my failed relationship attempts), she's sort of hard to get and marginally intimidating, and we're both currently friends.

This is someone who is extremely attractive, a very special competitor (which is a turn on), a hardworker, doesn't drink or smoke shit, believes in good luck and dreams.... etc. I've known her for nearly 2 years and have had a pretty tireless crush on her for around 8-9 months. Whenever I waver from her, I end up going back because frankly I want her.

Saying to myself that we'll only ever "be friends" is the hardest thing I can think of doing. While I'm currently able to cope with the fact that we're only friends, I see potential for something really beautiful and complete. If there is any possible way for me to turn my friendship with this wild animal of a girl into something more special and make her my very own, that's where I want to head. I'm not an especially cynical person, so I'm willing to try nearly anything. I don't look down upon my current status with her. Preferably I would never care to lose her as a buddy, but this is a pretty typical situation everyone has been in before at some point.

I just need some real advice. Something that's not going to let me down, and some words that will encourage me to keep on going with whatever my relationship with her can bring.

Talk to her about how you feel and believe in yourself. Rejection isn't the worst that can happen. Liking someone and not expressing it is.
No offense if I suspect you're someone else who made a multi-account to troll the forum.
Good luck with this. Its hard to say how we feel but if we don't do it we're not gaining anything from it. May as well be honest about who we are and what we want and not get it than to fail by not trying to get it.

#664739 | Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 19:58:08
This is not a multi-account, and frankly yes...

I did drop my heavy pride to come to DC net looking for love advice, at the suggestion of my good friend MalcolmSex.
My d2jsp is Kelli. That's where I'm better known, but still within smaller circles.

Talk to her about how you feel and believe in yourself. Rejection isn't the worst that can happen. Liking someone and not expressing it is.
No offense if I suspect you're someone else who made a multi-account to troll the forum.
Good luck with this. Its hard to say how we feel but if we don't do it we're not gaining anything from it. May as well be honest about who we are and what we want and not get it than to fail by not trying to get it.

ty for this btw

This post has been edited by starstring on Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 19:59:15

#664741 | Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 20:05:14
Quote (starstring @ Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 20:58:08)
This is not a multi-account, and frankly yes...

Welcome to DC, GL with her.

#664889 | Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 23:32:53
Quote (BBQ @ Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 19:43:12)

The same reason we all registered.

#664890 | Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 23:32:57

#664891 | Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 23:38:25
Quote (Mushroomz @ Tue - Jan 26 2010 - 00:32:53)

frankly once i saw phil's ass there was no need to come here anymore

#671610 | Sat - Jan 30 2010 - 14:12:24
Quote (starstring @ Mon - Jan 25 2010 - 19:32:04)

WALL OF FUCKING TEXT

#677018 | Sun - Feb 7 2010 - 15:20:34
bitch nigga. grow a fucking sac
Archived | Views: 2255 | Replies: 10 | Nick's Love Line Topic List

Quit the Internet