#698199 | Sun - Apr 11 2010 - 21:32:59
Group: Members
Anyone have anything to add to this?

1. Gyms that don’t allow chalk.
2. No squat rack at the gym
3. Curling in the squat rack
4. People who talk on their cellphone instead of working out
5. People who sit on a machine for 20minutes between a “set”
6. When someone is wearing headphones, they are not a sign that the person wants to talk to you about your routine or form or whatever
7. If you take a weight off the rack, you should damn well put it back
8. If you see someone using a bench or machine walk away that does not mean they are necessarily done so don’t jack the machine without asking.
9. The smith machine and leg press machines DO NOT REQUIRE WEIGHT CLIPS FOR FUCK SAKE
10. If you are going to work out, there is no reason to gel your hair and put on a pound of cologne before your “workout”
11. The music that is played is usually horrible.
12. The gym is not a social club
13. Just because there are mirrors all over, does not mean you should be flexing for 20 minutes between your “sets” hoping someone is watching
14. If you are going to lift, learn proper form first
15. The person who always wants to use the machine you are using and stands freakishly close behind you.
16. Old men in the locker room, enough said.
17. Everyday should not be chest workout day, there is a reason you have not made any progress lifting doing the same thing everyday
18. Wear gym clothes, khakis or jeans are not meant to be lifted in
19. Dropping your 50lb dumbbells after your set contrary to popular belief does not increase your max, it just makes you look like a tool
20. Put your dumbbells away after each set, there is no need to make an island of them on the floor around you
21. When someone is doing a heavy set that is not the time to ask them for advice on your routine or form
22. Walking in front of people in the mirror when they are lifting is a douche maneuver
23. For the love of god wipe down the bench you use with the cleaner 99% of all gyms provide, nobody wants to sit down to use something and have your sweat all over it
#698203 | Sun - Apr 11 2010 - 23:06:34
Group: Guest
WELL... I personally hate when I go to the gym and I'm the minority, just makes me feel a little uncomfortable...
And also, I'm a little self conscious, and I hate when there is really really buff dudes there liftin like 300+ on the bench press and I go over there and can barley do 150 lol.
but these are more personal pet peeves.

and LOL at #13 & #22, I laugh a little inside when people do that
and tbh @ #18, I sometimes go in non formal gym clothing, but I'm not there long enough to break a sweat, but this is because I've got a private gym right next door in my apartments.
I occasionally do #4 lol, bitchs be callin me like all the time

but love the list lol, I've hated each one of these at least once
#698221 | Mon - Apr 12 2010 - 03:56:07
Group: Guest
that gay guy
#698224 | Mon - Apr 12 2010 - 04:16:20
Group: Members
Quote (smoked @ Mon - Apr 12 2010 - 03:32:59)
Anyone have anything to add to this?

1. Gyms that don’t allow chalk.
2. No squat rack at the gym
3. Curling in the squat rack
4. People who talk on their cellphone instead of working out
5. People who sit on a machine for 20minutes between a “set”
6. When someone is wearing headphones, they are not a sign that the person wants to talk to you about your routine or form or whatever
7.  If you take a weight off the rack, you should damn well put it back
8. If you see someone using a bench or machine walk away that does not mean they are necessarily done so don’t jack the machine without asking.
9. The smith machine and leg press machines DO NOT REQUIRE WEIGHT CLIPS FOR FUCK SAKE
10. If you are going to work out, there is no reason to gel your hair and put on a pound of cologne before your “workout”
11. The music that is played is usually horrible.
12. The gym is not a social club
13. Just because there are mirrors all over, does not mean you should be flexing for 20 minutes between your “sets” hoping someone is watching
14. If you are going to lift, learn proper form first
15. The person who always wants to use the machine you are using and stands freakishly close behind you.
16. Old men in the locker room, enough said.
17. Everyday should not be chest workout day, there is a reason you have not made any progress lifting doing the same thing everyday
18. Wear gym clothes, khakis or jeans are not meant to be lifted in
19. Dropping your 50lb dumbbells after your set contrary to popular belief does not increase your max, it just makes you look like a tool
20. Put your dumbbells away after each set, there is no need to make an island of them on the floor around you
21. When someone is doing a heavy set that is not the time to ask them for advice on your routine or form
22. Walking in front of people in the mirror when they are lifting is a douche maneuver
23. For the love of god wipe down the bench you use with the cleaner 99% of all gyms provide, nobody wants to sit down to use something and have your sweat all over it

totally agree on most of them +

24. why the fuck protein shakes or w/e they call, should smell like strawberry pudding or some baby food? i never smelled so much and so often this damn baby food before, even when i was baby. DRINK it at home, fags
Views: 3282 | Replies: 3 | Fitness Topic List

Quit the Internet