Desolate Carnage

Dung Stuff
Archived | Views: 1459 | Replies: 1 | Started 14 years, 1 month ago

#702920 | Fri - Apr 23 2010 - 22:59:03
Group: Members
Q
1. Could you do anything to tweak the prestige system? it works to prevent players from grinding the same dungeons over and over, but it is very annoying to do the very first few floors in order to get the experience you want at higher floors.

2.Why is it that doing a 5 man dungeon is more beneficial than doing a solo? Shouldn’t the number of people not be a factor in the xp/hour rate so as to reduce the dependency on other players to level up fast?"

---

A
1. It does indeed work that way to prevent that people just grind the deepest floor they have access to. We want players to get some diversity in environment and NPCs, and also give people a reason to play with friends of lower Dungeoneering levels without feeling like they are necessarily wasting their time. There are currently no plans of changing this system.

2. Since it is a multiplayer game and we don't want everyone to hide away in instances on their own, we want to encourage players to work together. 5-player dungeons also require more effort in organising and they are also at greater risk of party members leaving at unfortunate times.

1) Are you adding High-Level content to Dungeoneering? Even if i'm still a noob in it, i'd like to have a reason to train other than rewards. Currently floors end at 35 (Level 69), bosses end at Bal'lak (Level 66) and rewards at Chaotic Weapons/Shields (Level 80).

There are plans to add higher-level content to Daemonheim, yes. As for what they’ll be, well, I wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise!

2) Is there a batch 2 of dungeoneering coming, much like Summoning had? (I'd just love to see Lava/Magma themed floors)

There is a second batch of Dungeoneering in planning that will contain the higher-level content mentioned above. Again, my lips are sealed!

"Why is there a new magic prayer that boosts 20% accuracy, but no Ranged prayer?"

As above, more rewards are coming in the future.

This first update bought you the magic prayer, the second batch of rewards will bring you the ranged equivalent.

"In the recent Q&A you said you were working on a new dungeon with new bosses that have among the highest LP count in the game. Is Daemonheim it?"

Yes, although we do have future plans for expansions to other dungeons in the game too.

There are certainly some pretty fearsome beasts in the deeper depths of Daemonheim. To get the highest challenge within Daemonheim, you’ll need high stats and a full 5-player party (on max difficulty).

"Will you be raising all skill caps to level 120? "

There are no plans to change any of the other skills at this time.

"What was your reasoning behind stopping at 120, what made you choose that level over 110 or 130?"

---

We didn't want Dungeoneering to become just another skill in the list of 99s (e.g. "first I'll max out Crafting, then Smithing, then Dungeoneering, then Thieving, etc."). It was always intended that having high levels in other skills would help you when training Dungeoneering, so we want to give players the opportunity to actually get a feel for this. In the early discussions regarding XP rates for the skill, we were looking at making it very slow at any given level. However, we want players to feel that they are making decent progress, so in order to be able to give out what is considered good XP at higher levels, we instead chose to increase the level cap. The reason we chose 120 was partially because it just "looks good" and also because we were happy with the amount of XP that would require. It allowed us to keep XP per hour rates we were happy with and still stayed in line with the amount of time we wanted it to take players to max it out, compared to other skills.

#707744 | Sun - May 2 2010 - 11:04:03
Group: Guest
just noticed that dung is pk'd if you use peng points for it (give something like 1/3 or 1/4 reward xp compared to other skills)
can be +d with lamps
can be +d with tears, not sure if there is any xp shafting there or not but it looks like there is a cut like the one from pengs

this skill could easily turn a jedi to the dark side
Archived | Views: 1459 | Replies: 1 | RuneScape Topic List

Quit the Internet