Page 3 of 3 - 12 3

Rew's Getting Good Goals
Archived | Views: 9578 | Replies: 104 | Started 13 years, 7 months ago

#823049 | Mon - Feb 6 2012 - 22:31:44
Group: Members

#827846 | Fri - Mar 23 2012 - 17:46:28
Group: Guest
reply to old question,
have had 99 rc for quite a while now. thank god i got it before the abyss got levelled with idiorts wearing p++ daggers etc. it feels like i still rc often my the xp isn't exactly flying. i just rc astrals for livid farming every now & then these days. if you have a wicked hood, it's worth omni-ing it and using it for 2 x free daily rc runs or just to sell the p essences every n8.

made 392k @ flipping this round (on one item), pretty much f*d myself by not buying the limit. nn to test waters but tested them like a fool anyway. note to self: diversify more often.

i got 99 herb over the last xp weekend.
also got a farming level.
also got a poopton of crafting levels (84-92)

smithing level today, defense level yesterday

f*cking santa hats fluctuate downward too often to be worth flipping atm, also i only flip them when they hit the 115-120m+ range. NOT WORTH IT IF NOT WILLING TO HAVE A FEW SANTAS AROUND FOR MONTHS. i was doing really well @ them for a while but then the business slowed down. same thing happened with zaryte bows, except they completely tanked and i ended up keeping the last one so i wouldn't sell for a loss. which itself would be a loss if it wasn't such a nice bow.

debated doing glacors, chickened out of wasting the time
spent some time @ revenants last night, profit got nulled when some superstar barrage kings overtook me for my whip

#827876 | Sat - Mar 24 2012 - 10:05:55
made about 1 mil over overn8 flips, feels good
having less success with this afternoon's garbage, but started off well. experimenting with a new flip today.

also crafting/smithing while checking ge.

#827896 | Sat - Mar 24 2012 - 15:04:13
trying some different afternoon flips, moderate success

f*cking blood runes were a waste of time. some idiort from the projects skewed the price i was using so i only made 2k profit on them.
dhides started off brilliantly and then basically died on me. dragon hides, not dhides, to be sure. will give it 12 hours or more b4 banking, can use some for crafting.
magic seeds were pretty good for me. but they also slowed down. actually if they don't gtfo it's fine, i will need them for farming + i made gp on the ones that sold. will give it 12 hours b4 banking.

my rule of thumb with bulk flips is to flip stuff i will use unless it's bones/pouches/herbs--and if i don't get around to the stuff i will use i can always profit the next time it goes up.

FML, just remembered that i missed my morning blood tree runs.
kuradel has a thing for terror dogs lately.

This post has been edited by RewtheBrave on Sat - Mar 24 2012 - 15:15:11

#828301 | Thu - Mar 29 2012 - 09:25:49
got 80 slayer, feeeling semi-big now

making mirrions on flipping lately. fortunately i have taken 0 losses so far, except for a 600k loss when i wrote '12' into the sell price instead of '712' ... that was a fml moment. i was hurrying an di'd already made more than 600k on that flip item so i didn't feel so bad. it was a gain in the end, but a loss in terms of feeling like a failure.

i've been making about 1 mil per day in flipping profits, although i'm working from a model of low-risk, so i could be making more. there is one daily flip where i assume a decent risk, but since i'm making 50-100k per item flipped, i don't mind the risk. i just don't flip this item in high quantities yet; actually i doubt i ever will because it's volatile.

i do some typical daily bones/pouches/herbs flips but there are some other abnormal (for most ppl) flips that are actually producing most of my cash flow (not rdy to say what they are b/c they are risky). another strategy i use is to flip pvp common loss items, like d daggers++, whips, etc.. the risk in flipping whips is that they don't give much profit for their value, and they are somewhat unstable. i consider those to be my graverobber flips.

commodity flipping is the mainstay of most flippers, and it's about timing. for now i've been avoiding seeds and herbs, only because they aren't as active as they were several months ago. nn to take a loss on useless sh*t.

i've figured out some solid strategies for loss avoidance. if anyone is interested in reading about them, post here and i can share some ideas.
Archived | Views: 9578 | Replies: 104 | RuneScape Topic List
Page 3 of 3 - 12 3

Quit the Internet